HOLY MARY’S CONVENT

Location: 
Bannerghatta Road, Next To: Holy Spirit School, Bangalore 560076

Introduction: 
Holy Mary’s Convent, located at the above address, belongs to the Congregation of the Sisters Servants of Our Lady of Sorrows. This congregation was founded in Florence, Italy, in the year 1854, by a group of Tertiaries of the Order of the Servants of Mary. They lived together as a community under the guidance of Mother Giuliana Signorini who became the foundress of the Congregation. The congregation’s apostolic services were extended to Chile in 1938, to Columbia in 1973, to India in 1988, and to Hungary in 1996.

In India, the Sisters Servants of our Lady of Sorrows, are present in the state of Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. Their main apostolic activity is teaching. In Kerala, they havea schoolup to PUC level in Kochi, and a Holy Mary College for boys and girls, from 11th standard to degree level, in Kumbalam. In Tamil Nadu, they have a convent at Anna Nagar, Chennai, where they look after differently abled/mentally challenged children, and in Tanjavur they have an Orphanage and Novitiate House.

In Karnataka, they opened this Study House in the year 2000 in Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore,and named it Holy Mary’s Convent (Study House). It was blessed and inaugurated by Archbishop of Bangalore, Rt. Rev. Dr. Ignatius Pinto.

The purpose of this Study Houseis to provide accommodation for religious sisters, who come from other places to Bangalore, to pursue studies in professional and theological subjects. The Study House has quality accommodation, computer facility, a chapel with daily mass, and a safe and quiet environment.

Subject to availability of space, girl students who come to Bangalore from other places for higher studies, can be provided hostel facilities at this study house.

Contact Person:
Sr. Superior,
Holy Mary’s Convent Study House

Phone No: +91 80-26584957